Friday, June 15, 2012

I KNOW I have pasta in here...somewhere!!


This picture was taken AFTER I had already started clearing out my pantry. I forgot how truly bad it was! However, I am going to hold you in suspense for a few minutes..no scrolling down to see the finished product before you read! Cheater.:) I actually pulled everything out...and I mean everything. (At least, I think I do...I don' recall leaving anything in.) Then time for the wipe down...yes...cupboard shelves get messy with all of that food. Time to fill it back up. Rather than simply putting boxes back in in an organized fashion, I bought a few little baskets from the dollar store (this is an inexpensive project...unless you realize how much $$ in food you had to throw away because it was bad, etc.), as well as a few tupperware containers that I could put cereal in. I also reused jars that I had kept from things such as spaghetti sauce. Time to pull all of the granola bars, popcorn bags and instant oatmeal bags out of their boxes and put them in my cute, labeled baskets! Wa la! Next, pour the cereal into the tupperware...so much easier to keep track of how much is left! The cans were 'fun' (aka, a pain) to organize, but I finally decided to stack the ones I wouldn't really use towards the back and move forward. Yes, I really do need to invest in those nifty sliders for your cans! I also created a bulk pantry cupboard. This is for all of the things that I will use to refill my cereal tupperware, my pasta jars, my cute little baskets...without cluttering up my main cupboard and making it look like a disaster! Ready to see the finished result? (I figure, based on the picture, each family can decide how to best accomplish their needs in organizing a cupboard and do it the way that will fit them best.:)
Note: This picture was taken at least a month or so after I redid my cupboard. Yes, it still looks good.:) And yes, I do realize that I have a couple of boxes of cereal, as well as my tupperware ones...but look at the overall appearance...and by all means, outdo me!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment