Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Owl throw you a party!:)


I made this for my VERY dear friends birthday! She has a fascination with owls, so when I saw an idea similar to this I just HAD to do it!:) Pre-warning, this was hard to explain how to make. I just followed a picture and went with it, and it's what I would recommend doing to anyone who was interested in making it!:) But here are the directions, in case you want them.:))

What you'll need:
14 cuppycakes (I cheated, I used boxed cake mix to make them...but it was Funfetti! Surely that counts for something!)
2 containers of icing (I had white icing, and just died some of it blue)
7 Oreo cookies, BUT I would allow for a few extras, they tend to break when you try to cut them!
6 pretzel rods
2 life savers
2 skittles
1 cashew
6 almonds

I know, I know. Some of those you need a tiny amount of! But that's how you make it! Feel free to substitute anything to make it your style...that's what this cake is all about...personalize it for the one you love!:)

First, line up your cupcakes. Four in the center, three on each side of those four, and two on each side of the three. Next, start icing! I iced the bottom two cupcakes and the eye cupcakes white, and the other ten cupcakes blue.:) I then piped white icing onto the blue cupcakes and formed the birds breast feathers.:) Next, pull apart five Oreos and wipe (preferably DON'T lick (x ) the cream off.:) Cut the cookies in half...this is where patience comes in. They don't have to be perfect, part of them will be sticking in the icing! Arrange your cookies staggered on the sides of the row of four and top row of three cupcakes (see picture.) Pull apart two more Oreos, leaving all of the cream in tact on one side of the cookie!:) Place these Oreos on your eye cupcakes, next put a little dot of icing and stick the lifesaver to it, then put a little dot of icing on your skittle and stick that to the top of the lifesaver!(: Cut one of the Oreo halves that didn't have the cream on it and put them on the eye cupcakes. (See picture.) I promise, I'll take more pictures from now on.:) I didn't plan on explaining this on my blog.(: Give your little owl it's cashew nose, right in the bottom middle of the eye cupcakes.:) Arrange your pretzel sticks so it looks like your owl is standing on a nest. Finally! Add your owls toes, three on each side.:) Congrats! You've accomplished a cute cake! Now, go show it off!(:

Until Next  Time!
Kristin:)

No comments:

Post a Comment